The Best Car Wash Soap for a Slick Finish
So, what is the best car wash soap for 2018? We list the top rated car wash soap below but before we get into that… Another therapeutic process that precedes waxing your car is washing your car- it’s important to know the top rated car wash soap.
For some, like me, this was a weekend routine. I remember when my uncle used to wash his car in the driveway and wish it were mine. He had a 1985 Buick Riviera Convertible: Royal Blue, like the flick above. Some days he’d pull me in to help wash off the foam with the water hose and fill up the buckets and showed me the best soap to wash cars at home. The funny thing was he seemed to get bored some days and let me do the rest so my imagination really started to wonder. As payment he’d take me to McDonald’s or throw me a few bucks- Most days it was Micky D’s- I valued a value meal more than cash anyway. I enjoyed it either way.
Picks for The Best Car Wash Soap For Slick Finish:
The Process –
I started to love the process and got deep into the purpose and details of everything related to car care. Therefore, I’m excited talking about the best car wash soap and listing a few of the other great car soap products here. There are a few tools that we need to make sure we have best results when washing our car but the main tool is finding the best car wash soap. There are a few soaps out there and to make it simple, we should 1st make the decision to take the step by step process or to simply use an all-in-one solution.
I prefer taking my time and going step-by-step. The list below will hight a few soaps that will definitely hit the target for your particular needs, which is why I didn’t just highlight one product. I’m sure you’ll find what you are looking for here.
Related: How Often Should I Wash My Car?
First let’s touch on a few things, especially for those new to car care
Before getting into the best soap to wash your car, its good to know the process. Get into a routine of cleaning your car, if you aren’t already accustomed to washing weekly or bi-weekly, we highly suggest you start. There are a few benefits:
1. Your cars finish will last longer
2. You remove harmful road debris like salt and dirt from hurting your vehicle’s paint.
3. You get a feel for how often your car really needs to be washed
The objective is for you to build a habit and learn through trial and error. Why get the best car wash soap but not have the best car wash habits/methods?
Snap Shot of Car Wash ToolYour Video
What’s The Basic Essentials For Washing Your Car –
- Because you are here, looking for top rated car wash soap. I know you realize using household products to clean your car is unacceptable. You want to use a product dedicated to washing cars that is milder and made to complement car paint. Therefore, we will let you know what the best car wash soap is listed below.
- A high-quality non-abrasive microfiber wash sponge or mitt is perfect. It soaks up large amounts of soap and water without scratching or hurting your vehicle’s finish.
- A sponge can even be used to wash the wheels as well.
- Towels that are microfiber offer premium scratch-free drying.
- A bucket seems pretty self-explanatory. However, make sure you select a bucket that can hold enough water for your vehicle. A 3-5 gallon bucket is sufficient, as long as it’s clean. One of the best buckets we’ve used is the Detailing Bucket. The main reason is that it pairs so well with a grit guard insert.
Grit Guard Insert –
- One of the best items to add to your bucket is a grit guard. It helps allow dirt and small stones or sand fall to the bottom of your wash bucket. As a result, preventing the dirt from going back onto your sponge and scratching your vehicle. The best grit guard that pairs with the detailing bucket are the Cyclone dirt trap.
A Water Hose or Power Washer –
- Finally, you’ll need a water source to help wash your car. There are two options a water hose or a power washer. If you are using a power washer check out the most helpful tips so as to not damage your vehicle.
+ For a detailed, basic step by step process check out the latest tips and instructions.
Now let’s get to the best car wash soap on the market
Let’s be clear, there are many car wash soaps available and there are many opinions (educated and uneducated) about which is the best car wash soap.
One person may love washing her car with CG Pink super suds or another may love using Hyper Wash with his foam gun, these are two great products by respectable brands but it’s not for everybody.
Still, because they are great products/ methods they will be noted. But out of all the soaps online, 50+, few are mentioned in the online conversation. Without further ado, here is the best soap to wash a car at home.
Top 10: Best Car Wash Soap Reviews
- Cleaner and conditioner (ultra rich) – One stop shop
- Great lubricity for a car wash soap.
- An advanced cleaning formula that doesn’t strip away wax protection
- Foams away tough dirt, road grime, and contaminants
Meguiar’s is one of the finest detailing product companies in the industry. With a rich history for valuing the appearance and preserving your vehicle’s paint and finish for over 100 years. Meguiar’s has created one of the top performance car soaps with the Gold Class. One of the best tips from Meguiar’s is to wash your vehicle with non-detergent car wash soaps. Therefore, preventing any harmful damage to your vehicle. The Gold Class and all of Meguiar’s soaps are non-detergent car wash soaps. Offering the best cleaning ability, at the same time creating a lubricant surface to help grit and grime slide off the paint. Instead of scratching the paint.
When you fill a bucket up with Gold Class soap and water, you’ll notice it creates a gentle foam. That allows for tough dirt and grime to be removed with a microfiber wash mitt. As we stated early the soap is a non-detergent product. Which is why you should never use dish soap as it may strip away the wax protecting your vehicle’s finish. Detergent soaps can also lead to oxidation and deterioration of rubber trim, plastics, and vinyl. As a result, using a high-quality soap like Meguiar’s Gold Class will help prevent the life of your vehicle.
- To create the best finish on your vehicles make sure the car’s surface is cool and in a shaded location.
- Fill a wash bucket with 1 oz or 4 capfuls of Gold Class Car Wash Soap to every 1 gallon of water.
- Next, wash the surface of your vehicle with water.
- After the car body is soaked in water, wash the surface with the soap and a Microfiber wash mitt.
- Rinse the car after you’ve washed and let the soap soak on the vehicle’s surface. Rinse from top to bottom.
- Finally, dry the vehicle off with microfiber towels. For the best results dry immediately after rinsing.
Not to mention, it’s easy to use. Suds!
- Cleaner and Wax All-In-One
- Gentle to vehicle finish, tough on grit and grime.
- Easy to Use and long lasting
- Waterspot reducing formula
Chemical Guys have been able to combine wax with a natural soap formula derived from citrus shampoo and gloss enhancer. Making this one of the best car wash soaps. Especially if you don’t have time to wax your vehicle. The Extreme Bodywash leaves a high gloss wax finish.
The Extreme Bodywasy and Wax is a highly concentrated all-in-one formula. The product is one of the highest concentrations of a premium wash soap. Therefore, 1 cap full will mix with 5 gallons of water. As a result, you get a long lasting bottle of the best car wash soap. If you wash your car biweekly, or even every week this gallon of premium car soap is going to last you all summer long.
The Extreme body wash is a citrus based high-performance auto wash and wax formula. Therefore, providing one of the easiest and simplest high gloss finishes. The soap is perfect for surface prep paintwork cleansing. Inside the soap are conditioners that help to protect the surface of the car while including synthetic wax and carnauba wax emulsion lubricates to help break down grime and dirt. Allowing you to safely wash down your vehicle without scratching the surface. It even allows for hard waters to sheet off the paint, instead of beading up. Therefore, this will reduce the water spots by limiting calcium from building up on the surface of your car. Extreme Bodywash is very gentle to the surface of your vehicle.
No other car wash soap on the market offers synthetic gloss enhancers and actual carnauba wax. Therefore, leaving your vehicle with a high gloss finish. Protecting and sealing your car from harmful UV-rays, dirt, grime, and water spots. For this reason alone it’s the best car wash soap available.
- Long lasting bright finish
- Streak-Free Finish
- Concentrated Premium Ingredients
- Designed & Tested In The USA
Since 1990 Griot’s has developed, manufactured, and bottled their own liquid care car products. All done inside their own U.S. manufacturing and distribution centers. As a result, this has given them full quality control over their numerous waxes, polishes, and washes. The best car wash soap made by Griot’s has to be their Brilliant Finish soap. Also, Griot’s is a family name and label that strives to make the best car care products.
One of the least expensive formula’s is the Griot’s Brilliant Finish wash. Yet it still creates one of the brightest and rich finishes from any other car wash out there. The product is formulated as a concentrate allowing you to use just small amounts mixed in with your water bucket. Only the highest quality ingredients are used to ensure that your car is protected and the soap can remove the built on dirt and grime. Brilliant wash is designed to offer a streak-free finish.
You’ll notice that the time spent drying your vehicles after using Griot’s will be drastically decreased as the soap leaves a wax-like finish on the car. As a result, your microfiber drying towel will slide right off the car once washed. One of the top reasons this product is on our list is that the high concentration formula allows you to pick the water to soap ratio. Therefore, more soap will give you a foamier soap perfect for lathering on your car. Especially after salt, dirt, and mud become attached to your car’s surface.
- Power cleaning against dull paint
- Shines without removing wax- Compliments the wax coating
- Water Spot resistance
- Balanced pH
Mother’s California Gold is the best car wash soap if you are concerned about the safety and protection of your vehicle’s paint. Mother’s creates all of their soap formulas with a balanced pH allowing for continuous use. Mothers California Gold protects your wax while still allowing your ride to shine. Protection is big when you are in between waxes, you want to prevent dulling as much as possible. As a result, Mothers does that for you. The pH formula keeps the soap suds packed with power so to remove all the unwanted grim for your vehicle.
Its power softens the grim and makes it easy to wash away so you are left a crisp shine. With regular use, it provides a long-lasting benefit to your vehicle.
- Bright shine with a deep clean
- Safe for All Vehicle Finishes
- Protection from snow, rain, dirt, and sun rays.
- Added Carnauba Wax Protection
Rain-X makes multiple car care products from windshield wipes, glass cleaners, car soaps, even windshield wiper blades. However, one of the best products they make is their dual action high foaming Wash & Wax. The deep foam dissolves and removes built on dirt and grime. While at the same time the soft Carnauba wax helps to protect and provide a bright finish to your car’s body.
Along with the heavy foaming action from the Rain-X Wash and Wax is the added safety the soap offers. Formulated with a balanced pH that is biodegradable and safe for adults and children. One of the best times to wash my vehicle is with my son, he loves helping and it’s perfect for hot days to cool off with the hose water. The soap is also safe for surfaces such as garage floors, black-op, and concrete. As a result, it won’t leave stains or marks after washing.
Lastly, the dual action formula allows your car to remain cleaner for longer. The car soap waxes as you wash helping rainwater and road debris to slide off and not become built on. As a result, this helps to protect and keep your vehicle cleaner longer.
- First hose off your vehicle with a water hose or power washer. Allowing your car to soak and remove any heavy dirt and debris.
- Next, add 1 oz of Rain-X Wash to an empty bucket and fill with water from your hose.
- Next, start at the top of your vehicle and by moving down the surface of the vehicle. Wash the carby apply the car wash soap with your sponge or mitt.
- Rinse off the vehicle after you’ve finished washing the car. Make sure you remove all of the suds from the top to the bottom.
- Finally, dry of the vehicle. To ensure you have no water spots try drying off your vehicle outside of direct sunlight.
- The slickest citrus based wash formulated to outshine most waxes
- One of the best soap for foam gun.
- Can be used in high concentration to strip off previous coats of protection
- 100% surface friendly biodegradable
The foundational car wash soap from Chemical Guys is their advanced Citrus Wash & Gloss. Specifically formulated to prep the surface of your car before waxing. Citrus Wash is a hyper-concentrated wash and gloss that truly will make your car shine after using it. This is the best car wash soap if you are looking for a slick and high gloss finish. However, it still offers a balanced pH safe for any surface or color vehicle you have.
When looking for the best car wash soap, one of the main things to look for is a soap that can be used for numerous washes. You shouldn’t need high amounts of soap just to get a foamy bucket of water. With Chemical Guy’s Citrus wash you don’t have to worry about that at all. The formula is highly concentrated requiring only 1 capful to 5 gallons of water. As a result, you will be able to use this product all summer and still have enough left over for the winter.
This product may look like you need to have a well-waxed vehicle or be a car enthusiast to own it. However, it was originally created to work on all surfaces even cars that haven’t been maintained or waxed on the regular bases hyper wash and gloss shampoo. It’s combined with traditional ingredients with gloss enhancers safe for all color vehicles.
- Incredible sud action lifts dirt and grime
- Enhances gloss and shine while you wash
- A hybrid blend of carnauba wax and synthetic polymers is protective while you wash
- Great to use in between regular waxing to help maintain a glossy coat
This is what you grab when you’re looking to wash and wax. A double whammy for your buck. Uses for boosting your protection, glossiness, and shine. Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash and Wax is compatible with all Meguiar’s washes and waxes. Traditional Wash and Wax products are typically weak on suds, shine and protection, but not anymore. Meguiar’s hybrid blend of premium carnauba wax and synthetic polymers provides protection and shine while you wash.
Meguiar has their unique synthetic polymer technology embedded in this car wash soap providing you with a gentle cleaning action with a wax protection to finish behind the wash. Therefore, it leaves your vehicle with a deep gloss finish similar to if you just waxed your vehicle. As a result, this is a great formulation to use between regular waxing, giving your car added protection and shine. Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash also is a gentle balanced pH that won’t strip or remove your previous wax.
- Best Car wash soap that doesn’t require water
- High-Performance Aircraft Quality Wax
- Water Based Formula
Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax All is the best car wash soap that requires no water. For example, if you live in an area where there is a drought, or you are looking to help the environment. Wash and Wax All is perfect for those conditions. It gently cleans your vehicle providing a non-stick UV protective coating on any surface you apply it to. If you plan on using this with no water, it can be sprayed on and wiped dry with microfiber towels. Giving you up to 32 total car washes. However, if you plan on using this with water you can wax dry up tp 50 cars.
Wash and Wax All is formulated as a water base car soap. Therefore, it’s safe to you outside and on your vehicle. The formula is plant-based and biodegradable making it an eco-friendly car wash option. Not only that, but the wash is safe to use on inside and outside surface. It’s even been used for that past 30+ years by private aircraft owners, the military, and corporate airplanes. The wash even meets Boeing, AirBus, and McDonnell Douglass cleaning specifications. Therefore, you know this product will withstand the harsh and tough conditions you may encounter with your vehicle.
Directions Waterless –
- Spray desired area to clean with Wash Wax All.
- Rub in with a damp microfiber towel, for light cleaning this step may not be necessary.
- Dry area with a dry towel before the Wash Wx All dries.
Directions With Water –
- Wash your vehicle as normal
- Before drying an area spray on Wash Wax All.
- Dry the area with a Dry microfiber towel.
- Rich and stable foam provides excellent performance
- Ideal for quick and Easy Cleaning
- Safely and effectively lifts dirt and grime off surfaces
- Produces a rich gloss and deep shine
If you begin to look at Meguiar’s Detailing products, you’ll find the best car wash soap before applying a spray wax. Thanks to Meguiar’s long history and research they have been able to formulate this soap with a 400:1 dilution rate, which is near unheard of in the industry. As a result, your going to be a getting a long-lasting highly foaming car soap all for a very inexpensive price.
Not only that, you’ll be getting a high gloss finish that is ideal for mixing/metering systems. Even though the soap is tough on dirt and grime. Meguiar’s has been able to formulate it with a biodegradable chemical allowing it to run-off and not harm the environment. Making this a great product for any type of vehicle or environment you may be washing your vehicles in.
- Excellent for two-bucket wash or foam gun
- pH neutral for a gentle wash
- Extra slick for a scratch-free washing experience
- Rinses clean with no residue
Pink makes great suds, has a slick feeling, rinses off well. It’s great with foam lance. Pink Super Suds works specifically to remove grime, build-up, and dirt through the use of premium super polymers that are suspended within the confines of a consistent discharge of foaming bubbles. The gentle cleaning power won’t remove wax so you know your car is always protected. Super Suds!
Mr. Pink is the perfect sealant and wax coating you are looking for that will help protect your vehicle’s finish. The special formula won’t strip wax or finish off of your vehicle, unlike many others out there. With a balanced pH you’ll be happy to know this can safely be used on glass, metals, vinyl, rubber, and plastics. The soap is even developed to prevent swirl marks and scratches that can be left in your vehicles surface.
Mr. Pink is a must buy as it won’t spot or stain in sunlight, plus it removes all tough grime and builds up even though it’s gentle on paint. It’s ideal for two bucket wash, foam cannon or foam gun.
- Extreme suds all-purpose super foaming shampoo
- Removes grime and dirt safely without stripping wax or sealants
- Very easy to use in and out of the sun
- Formulated with water softeners to reduce streaking and not leave water spots upon rinsing
- Premium state-of-the-art car wash that is not only extremely effective but also natural and gentle
Made for high suds traditional formula with a great slick finish for maintenance. Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II takes washing your car, truck, boat, or RV to the next level of fun.
Maxi Suds II is a superior cleaning shampoo that delivers amazing results through a constant release of foaming bubbles.The advanced constant foaming formula does an amazing job at pulling dirt, debris, and road filth off your vehicle’s exterior providing a smooth clean surface that shines. Maxi Suds II works by suspending super polymers within each bubble, allowing road grime and built-up dirt to be effortlessly rinsed away.
This soap is engineered to produce the highest amount of suds in your bucket.