What’s The Best Car Battery Brand
Have you been struggling to know what’s the best car battery brand?
Well, I understand your hustle.
The process of getting the best car battery brand
The car battery is not something that everyone thinks about often; it will become relevant when your battery fails to start your car. The significance of buying a quality car battery has been accentuated throughout the years. Read through the article to understand how to choose the best car battery for your vehicle.
The process of buying a car battery is not something you wake up and do. There are certain things you need to put into consideration before deciding on what’s the best car battery brand for your car.
If you do not know anything about cars, this is an opportune time to perform a serious study. Well, I will provide you with some of the necessary information you need before taking this significant step.
Your Type Of Car
Different types of car require specific battery size and features. Car batteries come in the following sizes:
- Size 65
- Size 75
- Size 24/24F,
- Size 34/78
- Size 35
Before buying the car battery make sure you consult your mechanic or confirm from your car manual the right size of your car.
Types Of Batteries
Once you know the type of car you own and the battery size, it’s time to find out the different battery cars. There are two types of battery cars: Wet cell and VRLA batteries.
Wet cells are lead acid batteries while VRLA (valve-regulated lead-acid battery) are sealed batteries without gas venting.
Two types of wet cell batteries are known: SLI (starting lights ignition) and deep cycle (marine) battery. Wet cell batteries can be maintenance free, or they may need frequent checkups. SLI batteries are designed to start your car with short fast bursts of energy to start the engine.
Deep cycle batteries are marine batteries that are designed to last longer. The energy bursts are not as strong as those from SLI batteries due to lead plates that are thicker and can endure many deep cycles charge and discharges.
Valve-regulated lead-acid batteries (VRLA) uses small spaces without ventilation and are excellent for storage since they are sealed. But since they are sealed, they are unserviceable. There are two types of VRLA batteries, the gel cell battery, and the AGM battery.
The gel cell battery are sealed and dry and resistant to hot temperatures, spillage, electrolyte evaporation and physical shock. Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) is designed with the electrolyte held in glass mats. The work without the spilling of battery acid since they are sealed.
Before purchasing a particular type of battery, you must know its characteristics.
One of the major car aspect you must consider is its cold cranking amps (CCA) rating. CCA is used to measure the ability of the battery to start the vehicle when it is cold outside. Purchase a battery that has a CCA rating which mustn’t exceed the vehicle’s original equipment manufacturer (OEM) cranking rate.
Another aspect that one must consider is the reserve capacity. This the total amount of minutes that your car will run using only the battery if the alternator fails.
Make sure you purchase a battery that has the longest reserve capacity because it is very helpful especially when the car refuses to start.
Before buying a battery, try to find out the expected battery life of the battery. The longer the battery life, the more service it will offer. Be very conscious and choose wisely. Don’t be too stingy and use energy wisely since even if you don’t use the vehicle, the electrolytes will still drain away.
Before purchasing a battery for your car, you must consider environmental factors. If you live in a cold environment, you will need to purchase a cold weather battery and vice versa.
You can buy the highest performance battery if you don’t want environmental limitations, the battery will, however, cost you more than regular batteries.
Purchase a good quality battery charger or tester. Having a battery charger in your vehicle will ensure you can quickly jumpstart your vehicle should the battery die at an inconvenient time. High-quality battery chargers also tell you how much electrolyte is left in your battery so you can observe the battery and not be surprised when it runs out.
Types Of Car Batteries On The Market
Finding the best battery brand requires a lot of research. You can get the information from friends, from your mechanic, from the internet or by watching different YouTube videos. Before purchasing a certain battery brand, it is important to read the reviews from other buyers to find out its ability.
The four major companies make most of the common batteries are: Sears, Johnson Controls, Exide, and East Penn.
Before purchasing a battery confirm whether it is made by any of the four brands. It is imperative that you find a battery that suits your car’s needs to avoid regular purchases which are very costly.
Below is a car battery brands list that have proved to be very efficient in performance. Read through the short description to determine the best battery brand for your car.
- Duralast- The battery has the same lifespan as that of DieHard even if it is a cheaper brand. It is from Autozone and has one of the best warranties, and it is very efficient in cold climate areas.
- Kirkland Signature- this brand is the best choice if you are looking for a battery that can hold itself in below freezing temperature, with high-performance ratings and very cheap. They have the best warranties even with their low prices.
- Optima- bought at Amazon.com, this brand is one of the best high-performance battery well indicated by its high price. The battery is very famous mostly due to its high-performance ratings and reliability.
- AC Delco- most mechanics, will recommend this type of battery for any car. They are not only affordable but are very reliable and have high-performance ratings.
- Everstart- available at Walmart, it is one of the most popular brands mostly because of its affordable price and good quality.
- Autocraft- Sold at Advance Auto Parts Stores, is the best battery for people living in hot weather areas. It has above average performance ratings, but you are advised to check the weight and CCA ratings before purchase.
The process of choosing the best car battery brand will become an easy one if you have the above information at your fingertips. Make sure you visit your mechanic for further advice before purchasing the battery.
It is also very vital to consider your environment as some batteries will work best in one condition and not in a different weather condition.
Some of the batteries I prefer are Optima, Kirkland Signature, and AC Delco. Follow the below steps to help purchase the best battery:
- Understand your car and battery type
- Consider your environment
- Ask for recommendations from friends and mechanic
- Visit the internet to find the best bands and read reviews
- Contact your local auto store or purchase your battery from Amazon.com